This is a shield for the CC3000 WiFi Module. The CC3000 from TI (Texas Instruments) is a self-contained wireless network processor that makes incorporating internet connectivity into your project simple. Instead of the more standard UART communication method, the CC3000 module utilizes an SPI interface allowing you, the user, to control the flow of data as you please. What makes the CC3000 unique is its ability to associate to a WiFi access point using a cell phone app in the Texas Instruments process called SmartConfig.
This shield even provides an optional feature that allows you to attach an external antenna, just in case you need a little extra power. This is a handy feature if you want to route an antenna to the outside of an enclosure or to increase your WiFi gain. The CC3000 Shield has a standard Arduino shield layout with 2 rows of pins on either side. The right-side headers have been broken out on the shield if you want to solder headers or wires for easy prototyping in the area right of the microSD card slot. We have even designed this board so that the CC3000 is on the back of the shield reducing the chance of interference from the barrel jack or USB connector.
Note: The CC3000 WiFi Shield comes as a stand-alone board. Headers will need to be purchased separately, check the related items below!
- Supply Voltage: 4.5V - 12V
- Host Interface: SPI @ 16MHZ
- Throughput (TCP): ~4Mbps
- IEEE 802.11 b/g Compliant
- WEP, WPA/WPA2 (AES and TKIP - Personal) Security Modes
- FCC, IC, CE, and TELEC Certified
- Prototyping Area
- Onboard WIMAX Antenna
- Optional External Antenna Connection
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.