This is a breakout board for the SC16IS750, a handy chip used to convert I2C or SPI serial signals to a single-channel, high-performance UART. As an application example: we use this chip on our WiFly Shield to allow an Arduino to communicate with the WiFly RN-131G module - which is normally controlled via a UART - using an SPI interface. This allows for greater communication speeds and frees up the Arduino’s UART for other purposes.
Power applied to the ‘VIN’ pin is sent through a 3.3V LDO regulator before powering the IC. The input pins of the SC16IS750 are 5.5V tolerant, so this board should work with both 3.3V and 5V controllers. Also populated on the board is a 14.7456MHz crystal, to serve as a clock input to the chip, and other supporting components.
This board breaks out all pins of the SC16IS750 to two breadboard friendly 11-pin, 0.1" pitch headers.
Dimensions: 1.10x0.90" (27.9x22.9mm)
- SC16IS750 Datasheet
- For an example of how to use the SC16IS750, checkout the WiFly Library on the forum
Replaces:BOB-009745. The reason for the replacement is the 12.288MHz crystal on BOB-009745 did not allow for the full range of baud rates. The 14.7456MHz crystal on this board increases the functionality to include all of the common baud rates from 9600 up to 921600.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.