The ATMEGA8U2-AU is a low-power CMOS 8-bit microcontroller based on the AVR enhanced RISC architecture. By executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, the ATMEGA8U2 achieves throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz allowing the system designer to optimize power consumption versus processing speed.
The AVR core combines a rich instruction set with 32 general purpose working registers. All the 32 registers are directly connected to the Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU), allowing two independent registers to be accessed in one single instruction executed in one clock cycle. The resulting architecture is more code efficient while achieving throughputs up to ten times faster than conventional CISC microcontrollers.
Note: These microcontrollers were found in back stock after we had removed them from any current build. We are offering them for a limited time at a severely reduced cost. We will not be stocking the ATMEGA8U2-AU once the current supply is gone.
- 8K Bytes of In-System Programmable Flash with Read-While-Write capabilities
- 512 Bytes EEPROM
- 512 SRAM
- 22 General Purpose I/O
- 32 General Purpose Working Registers
- 2 Flexible Timer/Counters with Compare Modes and PWM
- 1 USART
- Programmable Watchdog Timer with Internal Oscillator
- SPI Serial Port
- DebugWIRE interface
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.