If you want to heat sink a SoC, motor driver, or other surface-mount package part, you might find yourself struggling to find a good heat sink. These sinks from Cool Innovations are beloved by Adafruit's favorite engineers for their low cost, ease of use and low thermal resistance!
The heat sink is a 0.4" x 0.4" (10mm x 10mm) square with nine round 'fins' sticking out the top. The total height is 0.3" (7.6mm) but you can easily file it down if you need a shorter heat sink to fit in a case). Simply use thermal tape or a small amount of thermal paste to attach to the top of any flat chip. There is no thermal tape included with this product. Ideal for large flat BGAs, TSSOPs, QFNs, etc!
In still air, the thermal resistance is 34ºC/W
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.