This is simple prototype board for development of USB application with PIC18F4550 microcontroller. The power of the 18F4550 is that it has USB hardware built into it so that you can program different USB stacks directly onto the IC. Microchip provides these free USB solutions for their microcontrollers which are openly available. The USB HID Class firmware can help you to build a mouse or other Human Interface Devices for Windows, USB CDC Communication class device, USB Mass Storage firmware (add your own USB disk drives to your computer), USB-to-RS232 driver. The prototyping space allows you to easily add on sensors, relays and other peripheral devices to interface to USB. The board can take power from USB or from an external supply with small jumper selection.
Dimensions: 100x80 mm (3,9x3,15")
- ICSP/ICD connector for programming with PIC-MCP, PIC-MCP-USB, PIC-PG1,PIC-PG2, PIC-PG3 or PIC-PG4 and programming and debugging with PIC-ICD2, PIC-ICD2-POCKET, PIC-ICD2-TINY
- USB 2.0 type B connector allow board to be interfaced to PC host
- PIC18F4550-I/P is included
- Quartz crystal 20MHz
- LED connected to RD3 through jumper
- User button connected to RB4
- Reset button
- Power jack with diode bridge can be powered with AC or DC power supply
- 5V regulator
- Extension slot on every uC pin
- Grid 100 mils
- GND bus
- Vcc bus
- Four mounting holes 3.3 mm (0.13")
- FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), green soldermask, white silkscreen component print
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.