This adorable little DIP chip has a megabyte of flash storage. It's solid-state and less expensive than an SD card, and has more storage than your microcontroller's EEPROM. Perfect for when you want to store or retreive up to 1 Megabyte of data. Use any microcontroller with SPI. This is a 3.3V part so you'll need to power it with 3.3VDC and use a level shifter if controlling with a 5V micro such as an Arduino. A 74LVC245 or 4-transistor level shifter will do quite nicely!
For more details, check out the datasheet. Adafruit have a barebones SPI Flash library for Arduinos on github
W25Q80BV - 1 MByte SPI Flash (7:52)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.