This adorable little DIP chip has a megabyte of flash storage. It's solid-state and less expensive than an SD card, and has more storage than your microcontroller's EEPROM. Perfect for when you want to store or retreive up to 1 Megabyte of data. Use any microcontroller with SPI. This is a 3.3V part so you'll need to power it with 3.3VDC and use a level shifter if controlling with a 5V micro such as an Arduino. A 74LVC245 or 4-transistor level shifter will do quite nicely!
For more details, check out the datasheet. Adafruit have a barebones SPI Flash library for Arduinos on github
W25Q80BV - 1 MByte SPI Flash (7:52)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade