The tinyTILE, an Intel® Curie-based board, is a miniaturized adaptation Arduino/Genuino 101® board perfect for wearable and IoT applications. The tinyTILE has been equipped with many of the same features as the 101 line with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) capabilities and an onboard 6-axis accelerometer/gyroscope, allowing you to be able to create plenty of imaginative projects. The tinyTILE board can be programmed using either the Arduino IDE or Intel’s own software, the Intel® Curie™ Open Developer Kit (CODK).
Like its Arduino form-factor cousins, the tinyTILE’s core is comprised around the Intel Curie module, a low-power computer module that comes with pattern-matching capabilities for optimized analysis of sensor data. This enables quick and easy identification of actions and motions. The tinyTILE is a complete low-power solution designed for multipurpose use and rapid prototyping.
The onboard Intel Curie module offers features that are ideal for “always-on” applications requiring motion monitoring, wireless capabilities and low power use — all in a small size. Inside the Curie are two tiny cores, an x86 (Quark) and a 32-bit ARC architecture core, both clocked at 32MHz. The Intel toolchain compiles your Arduino sketches optimally across both cores to accomplish the most demanding tasks. The tinyTILE comes with 14 digital input/output pins (same as the Arduino/Genuino 101s), six analog inputs, 384kB of flash memory, 80kB of SRAM, and a microUSB connector for serial communication and sketch upload. The board operating voltage and I/O is 3.3V, but all pins are protected against 3.3V overvoltage.
- Microcontroller: Intel Curie
- 384kB flash memory
- 80kB SRAM
- Low-power integrated DSP sensor hub and pattern-matching technology
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- 6-axis combo sensor with accelerometer and gyroscope
- Battery-charging circuitry (PMIC)
- Regulated 3.3 volt power output
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.