Ruby is the ingenue of the group, and something of a Pollyanna. She is the youngest, the most talkative, and gets easily excited about everything. Ruby has a lot of energy and she's always ready to go on an adventure. Ruby's wanderlust sometimes gets her in trouble. Her best friend is Mho, the resistor, who shares her idealism without sharing her urgency or naiveté. Ruby speaks with a super excited young girl's voice who talks really, really fast. Her catchphrases are "superriffic!", "let's go adventurizing!" and other hybrid superlatives.
LEDs are two-terminal electronic devices, and are a special type of diode. The first modern LEDs were created by engineer Nick Holonyak in 1962 at General Electric. When electrons cross part of the diffusion region of a diode (an area called the band gap), a photon is emitted. The size of the band gap determines the wavelength (color) of the photon. LEDs are available in many wavelengths ranging from infrared to ultraviolet.
Ruby the Red LED Circuit Playground Plushie (7:47)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.