This motor driver board, originally designed by Dagu for their Rover 5 platform, is ideal for any small 4-wheel drive robotic vehicle. With four motor outputs, four encoder inputs and current sensing for each motor, it’s a must-have when implementing omni or mechanum wheels.
The motor drivers can be controlled by simply applying a logic 0 or 1 to the direction pin for that motor and a PWM signal to the speed pin. In this way, the speed and direction of four separate motors can be controlled independently from only 8 GPIO pins. The encoder inputs on the driver board mix each pair of encoder inputs using an XOR gate making it possible to read both inputs from a quadrature encoder using only one interrupt pin.
Reading the current sensor output is easy, each current sensor pin will output about 1V for each Amp of current drawn by the associated motor up to 5V. Connect the current sensor pin to the analog input of your controller and you’ll be able to detect stalls and other motor problems.
There are two power connectors on board. One is for 5V logic and the other is the motor supply. Be sure to turn on your logic supply before applying the power source for your motors. The board is rated for a maximum motor supply voltage of 12V.
- 4 x Low Resistance FET “H” Bridges
- Each Channel Rated for 4A Stall Current
- Easy-to-Use Control Logic
- Current Monitoring for Each Channel.
- Quadrature Encoder Mixing Circuitry
- 4 Channel Motor Driver Board
- Mounting Hardware
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.