The BLE Nano from RedBearLab is the smallest Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy (BLE) development board on the market. With the included MK20 USB in this kit, you’ll be able to deploy firmware to BLE Nano even easier. At each BLE Nano’s core is a Nordic nRF51822, an ARM Cortex-M0 System on Chip (SoC), plus BLE capable of running at 16MHz with ultra low power consumption. The RedBearLab BLE Nano also supports numerous different wireless devices running iOS 7/8, Android 4.3 or higher, and Windows Phone 8.1.
The DAPLink board functions as a USB dongle, accepting 5V from the USB port and regulating it to 3.3V via the onboard LDO, which can be used to power RedBearLab BLE Nano. When plugged into your computer, the USB board will appear as both a serial port and a removable mass storage disk.
Developing a Bluetooth Smart-enabled ‘appcessory’ (accessory device + companion application) is easier than ever. You can quickly produce prototypes and demos targeted for Internet of Things (IoT) and other interesting projects. The RedBearLab BLE Nano can operate under 1.8V to 3.3V, making it able to work in conjunction with a wide variety of electronic components.
It should be noted that the RedBearLab BLE Nano can accept 3.3V to 13V from the VIN pin; however, voltage will be regulated to 3.3V via the onboard LDO regulator, due in part to the nRF51822 IC. Since the RedBearLab BLE Nano can work as low as 1.8V, the MK20 USB board has been designed to run at 1.8V as well. All you need to do to get the USB board to run at 1.8V is short the switch S. Then the regulator will output 1.8V instead, allowing your Nano to work with applicable components.
- 1x RedBearLab BLE Nano
- 1x DAPLink USB Board
- Smallest BLE development board, only 18.5mm x 21.0mm
- Nordic nRF51822 ARM Cortex-M0 SoC supports both BLE Central and BLE Peripheral roles
- 2.4GHz transceiver
- Ultra low power consumption
- Support voltage from 1.8V to 3.3V
- Software development using mbed.org, GCC, Keil or Arduino
- Lots of libraries and examples available
- Easy firmware deployment with the DAPLink USB board
- Works with our free Android App and iOS App
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.