The Model B+ uses the same BCM2835 application processor as the Model B. It runs the same software, and still has 512MB RAM; but the Raspberry Pi team have made the following key improvements:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB. There are now 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones they've reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W (the B+ board now uses less power (600mA) than the Model B Board (750mA) when running).
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater form factor. Aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
Please note: The Raspberry Pi Model B+ has a different layout to the previous Raspberry Pis which means existing enclosures / daughter boards may not fit.
- Chip: Broadcom BCM2835 SoC
- Core Architecture: ARM11
- CPU: 700 MHz Low Power ARM1176JZFS Applications Processor
- GPU - Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor
- Provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- Memory: 512MB SDRAM
- Operating System: Boots from Micro SD card, running a version of the Linux operating system
- Dimensions: 85 x 56 x 17mm
- Power: Micro USB socket 5V, 2A
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
- Video - HDMI (rev 1.3 & 1.4)
- USB: 4 x USB 2.0 Connector
- GPIO Connector with 40-pin 2.54 mm (100 mil) expansion header: 2x20 strip
- 27 GPIO pins as well as +3.3 V, +5 V and GND supply lines
- Camera Connector: 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2)
- JTAG: Not populated
- Display Connector: Display Serial Interface (DSI) 15 way flat flex cable connector with two data lanes and a clock lane
- Memory Card Slot: SDIO
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.