Piezo elements are a great, simple method for detecting a knock or a finger press. This kit comes with 4 of them, allowing you to turn just about any surface into a 4-piece drum kit. How’s that, you ask? When a Piezo element is struck, it generates a small voltage, if you feed that voltage into the analog-to-digital converter of your favorite microcontroller then you can use those pad strikes to set off all kinds of events from sounds to MIDI messages to lights… just about anything you can think of.
The kit also includes a bag of 1MegOhm resistors. These resistors are the recommended value to use as a pull-down resistor in parallel with the elements. For a more in-depth explanation of how all of this works, check out the Quickstart guide below!
- 4 x Piezo Elements
- 1 x Bag of 25 1MOhm Resistors
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.