This is the Ozobot Bit 2.0 Educational robot in Crystal White. With Ozobot you'll be able to introduce logic-based decision making and initial coding principles to young learners in an interactive way. The Ozobot can follow hand-drawn lines, read color sequences to perform special actions and even be 'flashed' with a block-based coding app to perform Scratch-styled programs. It's one of our favorite educational tools for young learners.
If this is your first dive into Ozobot robots, the Color Markers pack is the top-rated and reviewed accessory for your learning! It's got the right sized and colored markers to use with Ozobot.
- Line Following - Ozobot has a color sensor on it's base that reads Red, Green, Blue and Black colored lines when placed on them. A black line is a regular follow line, the Ozobot will follow it wherever it goes.
- Color Codes - Placing a combination of red, green and blue colors inline with a black follow line won't stop the Ozobot. It will read the sequence and when it hits the black line again, the code will register and Ozobot will perform a special action (turns, counters, loop-the-loops)
- OzoCodes - Most of the possible combinations register an action. These actions are made crystal clear on this OzoCodes Reference sheet, which is freely available online in a clear, printable PDF.
- OzoBlockly App - Once your craftiness has reached formidable levels, you can level up and start building block-based programs to flash into your Ozobot. It's a free and easy to use web-based programming tool, so no sign in is needed.
- Rechargeable, included USB Cable - On the side of the Ozobot there's a small micro-b USB connector. Simply connect to any USB port to have the Ozobot refill it's battery.
- Rock Solid Robot Enclosure - The Ozobot is tiny, but mighty. All of the components, motors, battery and controllers are housed in a sturdy Poly-carbonate shell.
- Accessories included - In addition to the charge cable, you'll also get a silicone Ozobot shell, a carry case, a sample playground and some instructions.
How to use the Ozobot Bit 2.0
Once you get your Ozobot charged up (recommended on first use) you'll be wanting to have it follow your line maze! First things first, you need to calibrate the sensors so they can quickly determine what's black and what's white. To do so:
- Draw a small 2-3cm circle using a black marker on some white paper
- Power up the Ozobot using the button on the side (Single Press)
- Hold the power button in until the LED light in the dome of the Ozobot changes to white
- Place the Ozobot in the center of the black circle
- Release the button
- Ozobot will drive forward and the light will change to green! This means it is ready for use.
Now you have the entire Ozobot experience at your fingertips. Simply draw a solid black line and place Ozobot squarely on the line (as centered as you can) and it will follow the line until the end. Place OzoCodes in-line with the black line to have Ozobot perform actions.
We're full-time makers with experience using Ozobots ourselves and running educational workshops for young learners in our local makerspace. We wrote this handy guide for the Ozobot Bit that shows everything above, plus how you can use the app to code your bot.
This Ozobot pack contains
As mentioned, you get more than just an Ozobot with this pack:
- 1 Crystal White Ozobot Bit
- 1 Custom skin
- 1 Carrying Case
- 1 USB charging cable
- A Demo playground
- Quick Guide instruction booklet
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Our Ozobots Review and Educational Tips
In the Spring of 2012, a tech-gadget company called Evollve Inc. was founded with the goal of creating innovative ways for tech-savvy youngsters to play, learn and interact in a digitally expanding world. There's absolutely nothing wrong with learnin...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.