The Othermill Pro is a portable, precise milling machine that allows you to create 2D and 3D objects out of durable materials, such as wood, metal, and plastic, using digital designs. It's one of Lady Ada's favorite tools, and Adafruit use one at the Adafruit factory every single day to prototype new designs, create testers, and experiment with fun new materials
No assembly required! The Othermill Pro includes the tools and materials you need to get started cutting 3D objects right away.
Note: As of Tuesday, November 1st 2016, we are now selling the Other Mill Pro!
The Othermill Pro Includes:
- Othermill Pro
- External power supply
- IEC Type B Power cable
- USB 2.0 cable
- Othermill Tool Kit -
- Wrench, small, for tool changing×1
- Wrench, large, for tool changing×1
- Collet, ER-11, 1/8"×1
- Belts, replacement×5
- Othermill alignment jig×1
- Screws, M3 x 8 mm, for jig×3
- Allen Wrench, 2 mm, for jig×1
- End mill, flat, 1/32"×1
- End mill, flat, 1/64"×1
- Way lube packet×1
- Bit fans×2
- Hello World Starter Kit -
- FR-1 printed circuit board (PCB) blank, single-sided×3
- Resistor, 47 ohm×2
- LED, 3 mm, white×2
- Coin-cell battery, 3V, CR 2032×1
- Coin-cell battery holder×1
- Tape, double-sided×1
Othermill Pro works with the following materials (All materials listed here are merely a sampling of what can be used on the Othermill Pro):
- Machining Wax (High speed, regular)
- Speed: Fast
- Hardness: Soft
- PCBs (Single and double-sided)
- Speed: Medium
- Hardness: Medium
- Wood (Birch, Plywood, Maple, Pine, Cedar, FIr)
- Plastics (HDPE, PVC, Acrylic, Delrin)
- Light Metal (Brass, copper, aluminum)
- Speed: Slow
- Hardness: Varies
The included Otherplan software imports your designs in familiar formats — Vector graphics (.svg), Eagle (.brd), Gerber, and G-code. You can even download and cut millions of free vector graphic designs that are online. Create finished products in minutes!
Features of Otherplan include:
- Windows support: Windows users rejoice! Otherplan Public Beta works on Windows 7 and higher, as well as Mac OS X 10.9 and higher.
- 3D Cut Preview which simulates your milling job and shows you the results before you even turn on your Othermill.
- Time Estimates
- Support for tool changes in G-code: Otherplan now supports tool change commands in G-code files. You can now import the file and choose your tools. When it's time to change tools, Otherplan will pause your job and allow you to change the tool.
- Upgraded Performance: Rewritten to be faster, more responsive, and seamlessly run on multiple platforms.
One of the great things about milling is that you can get all different styles of cuts by using different tools. Here is a list of some of Other Machine's favorites, but you can use any tool with a 1/8" shaft.
- Warning! Do not use the following materials with your Othermill: Glass, FR-4 (fiberglass) PCBs (use FR-1 only), ceramics, harder stone, wood with high-pitch content, and softer rubber products.
- System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher / Windows 7 or higher / 64-bit operating system required / Graphics card with OpenGL ES 2.0 support
- Interface: USB 2.0
- File Input: Eagle BRD (.brd) / Gerber RS-274X (.gtl and .grb) / G-Code (.nc and .tap)
- Max XYZ Traverse Speed: 100 in/min / 2,600 mm/min
- Spindle Speed: 8,500 - 26,000 rpm
- Accuracy: <0.003’’ per 6’’ linear travel
- PCB Cut Speed: Up to 100 in/min / 2,600 mm/min
- Power Requirements: 100-240 V AC 50/60Hz 1.4A
- Consumption: 50W Typical / 120W Peak
- Frame Dimensions: 10.25 × 10 × 12.75 in / 260 × 254 × 324 mm
- Overall Dimensions: 12.75 × 12 × 12.875 in / 324 × 305 × 327 mm
- Weight: 16.8lbs / 7.62kg
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Othermill products click here!
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.