This is the temperature sensor based on chip DS18B20 consisting of a waterproof probe and long wire shape, which is perfect for immersive temperature detectionor detectingg something far away.The DS18B20 provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings over a 1-Wire interface, so that only one wire (and ground) needs to be connected from a central microprocessor.
The original one includes three wires inside，we adjusted it into a 3-pinconnector so that you can use it simply with Makeblock Me Adapter. (there is no soldering required to connect to our Me BaseBoard just like below picture).
please note that while the sensor is good up to 125°C, the cable which is jacketed in PVC will be damaged easily, so we suggest keeping it under 100°C.
- Uses 1-Wire interface- requires only one digital pin for communication
- Stainless steel tube 6mm diameter by 35mm long
- Arduino library for easy programming
Dimensions: Probe is 6mm in diameter and roughly 50mm long. Overall length (including wire) is 0.5 meter
- Power supply: 3.0V to 5.5V
- Wide temperature range: -55°C to +125°C
- High accuracy: ±0.5°C( -10°C to +85°C)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.