Building a computer can be a daunting task, it's no wonder Kano has created this fantastic kit that gives you all the components and guidance required to get a handle on it! This award winning computer kit comes with a polished, illustrated instructional guide alongside Kano OS, a Linux OS distribution loaded with a ton of graphical, informational computer programs.
Follow the guide, and in no time at all you'll have a decent grip on how your computer goes together and what the peripheral ports are used for. The computer assembly process of this kit is so simple but effective that we absolutely love it.
Once you've assembled your kit, you take a journey from the terminal line, communicating with your computer with simple words and binary digits into the world of pixels and color. It's all explained by your computer's voice along the way, making the learning process a great deal of fun. Once you've gone through this clever analogy of the OS setup and login process you land on your Kano Dashboard with all the creative, programming applications that come with it at your fingertips.
The Kit comes with:
- A Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- A Wireless Keyboard with touchpad (charging cable included)
- A DIY Speaker with connectors for plugging it into your Pi
- A custom case that is clear plastic with Speaker Mount.
- 5V 2.5A DC Plugpack
- A Memory Card loaded with Kano OS, ready to plug and play.
- A 1 meter HDMI cable for display connectivity
- An illustrated guide for assembly
- 4 Sheets of stickers and cards for decorating and personalizing your computer
Kano Computers are already being used in schools around the world, with educators and students loving the fun style of tech learning on offer. Check out the Kano Educator Page if you want more information on how to implement it in your classroom or to pick up some lesson plans.
If you are looking for a screen to add to your kit, Kano has a kit for that too.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.