A gyroscope is a device that measures orientation. It is very common in consumer electronics such as portable electronic devices and video game controllers to detect movement and rotation.
Output: This module outputs 0V to 5V on one of its two signal pins when its angle is changed (e.g. is moved). The value is approximately 2.5V when there is no angle change in the X or Y axis. When you connect this module to the input on an Arduino using the TinkerKit Shield, you can expect to read values between 0 to 1023 while changing the angle of the module.
Module description: on the board you'll find a green LED that signals that the module is correctly powered. The module is based on the LPR5150AL by ST Microelectronics, and is a two-axis gyroscope. This version of the module outputs the 4X pins on the chip. For more information about this please have a look at the datasheet.
This module is a SENSOR. Each connector is an OUTPUT which must be connected to one of the INPUT connectors on the TinkerKit Shield.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.