|Bipolar stepper motor wires are terminated with bare leads.|
|Sanyo bipolar stepper motor wiring diagram.|
This tiny bipolar stepping motor from Sanyo has a 1.8° step angle (200 steps/revolution). Each phase draws 300 mA at 6.3 V, allowing for a holding torque of 66 g-cm (0.92 oz-in). The motor has four color-coded wires terminated with bare leads: red and yellow connect to one coil; orange and blue connect to the other. It can be controlled by a pair of suitable H-bridges (one for each coil), but Pololu recommend using a bipolar stepper motor driver. It is available with a single shaft or double shaft.
Pololu's 4 mm universal mounting hub can be used to mount objects on the stepper motor’s 4 mm-diameter output shaft.
- Size: 14 mm square × 30 mm, not including the shaft
- Weight: 27 g (single shaft) or 28 g (double shaft)
- Shaft diameter: 4 mm
- Steps per revolution: 200
- Current rating: 300 mA per coil
- Voltage rating: 6.3 V
- Resistance: 21 Ω per coil
- Holding torque: 66 g-cm (0.92 oz-in)
- Inductance: 4.2 mH per coil
- Lead length: 30 cm (12″)
More specifications are available in the datasheet (125k pdf).
The following diagram shows the stepper motor dimensions in mm. This motor is 30 mm in length. The output shaft has a length of 15 mm and a diameter of 4 mm. The second shaft on the dual version has a length of 10 mm and a diameter of 4 mm. This shaft works with Pololu's 4 mm universal mounting hub.
|The inside of a bipolar stepper motor.|
Stepper Motor Applications
Stepper motors are generally used in a variety of applications where precise position control is desirable and the cost or complexity of a feedback control system is unwarranted. Here are a few applications where stepper motors are often found:
- CNC machines
- 3D printer/prototyping machines (e.g. RepRap)
- Laser cutters
- Pick and place machines
- Linear actuators
- Hard drives
|Sanyo stepper motors; from left to right: 14mm single shaft, 42×18.6mm, 50×11mm, 14mm double shaft|
Note: Sanyo Denki calls this product the “SANMOTION F2 Small Size 2-Phase Stepping Motor Model SH2141-5541” and “SH2141-5511”.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade