Add line following functionality to the Kitronik :MOVE mini for the BBC micro:bit with this easy to assemble add-on kit.
This add-on comes with all the parts required to add line following functionality to the :MOVE mini and does not require any soldering. Once built, the sensitivity of the left and right sensors can be individually tweaked to ensure smooth operation.
See the resource section below to download the line following code example we created. By default the code will cause the buggy to follow a dark line on a light background but the code can be altered to do the opposite.
There is no soldering required but the kit does require some mechanically assembly.
- Add line following functionality to the :MOVE mini for the BBC micro:bit
- Can either follow a dark line on a light back ground or a light line on a dark background
- The line following sensitivity can be adjusted with a screwdriver
- No Soldeuiring reqred
- Example line following code is provided
- 1 x :MOVE Sensor Interface for the BBC micro:bit
- 1 x :MOVE Line Following board for the BBC micro:bit
- 1 x Connector Cable
- 2 x CS M3 8mm Screws
- 2 x M3 Hex Full Width Nut
- 5 x CS M3 12mm Screws
- 2 x 5 PCB pin headers
- 1 x small Kitronik keyring
- 1 x :MOVE mini buggy kit
- 1 x BBC micro:bit
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 1 x Small flat bladed screwdriver
- 1 x Small phillips screwdriver
- Line Following Code HEX file
- Line Follower Assembly Instructions
- Sensor Interface board Assembly Instructions
- Line Follower Datasheet
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Data Logging with the Micro:bit and OpenLog
The Micro:bit by BBC is a great data collection tool, it just needs a little help remembering what it has measured! This tutorial is made for those Micro:bit projects where transmitting your sensor data over radio or Bluetooth to a computer just won&...
- Natural Disaster Sensor Project for Micro:bit
The Micro:bit is a feature-packed development board that’s perfect for the classroom or the beginner programmer. Each Micro:bit has a built-in radio that can transmit and receive signals sent from other Micro:bits. The radio has a range of up t...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.