Xronos (from greek Χρόνος [kronos] which means Time) Clock is not your average alarm clock. It’s an open source, hackable and customizable device. It has a stylish look, is hand made, and it talks!
Xronos has an internal backup battery that will allow it to keep time if you forget to plug in. All settings are saved to flash memory (EEPROM), so you don’t have to worry about power loss and all your alarm settings and preferences will be there when the power comes back on! Since all audio files are kept on SD card inside, you can even change alarm tones, or replace voice prompts with your own (though only ones that follow Xronos' naming convention).
Xronos has three cool looking durable arcade buttons that give you simple access to all of its features!
Xronos Clock Features:
- Dual Custom Alarms with 10 Alarm tones such as melodies or special effects like trains, thunder or police sirens.
- Change display color to Green, RED or Orange.
- Adjustable display brightness
- 12 or 24 hour mode
- Celsius or Fahrenheit selection for temperature sensor
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts display brightness
- Easy access to micro SD card, backup batter and FTDI
Xronos Clock Kit v2.1 (4:13)
|Brains||ATMega644p Microcontroller @ 16Mhz (or ATmega1284p for V2 w/ radio)|
|Storage||256MB microSD Card|
|Audio||22Khz 16-bit Mono uncompressed WAV|
|Display||32×16 Red/Green LED matrix (capable of producing 3 colors: RED, GREEN and Orange)|
|Buttons||3x 24mm Arcade|
|Time Chip||DS1307 based RTC w/ LIR2032 battery|
|Temperature sensor||Digital DS18B20 (-55°C to +125°C)|
|RF Transiever||RFM12B (915 Mhz or 434 Mhz) only available in V2 as option|
|USB Programming||w/ optional FTDI adapter/cable (not included)|
|Power Supply||6-12 VDC (positive tip)|
|Power usage||1-3Watt (aprox., depends on Color and Brightness)|
|Dimentions||7.5″ x 4.75″ x 3.75″ (aprox)|
|Weight||1 lb 8 1/4 oz (687g) w/o external Power supply|
For product support for all Xronos products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.