The XBee/XRF relaybase provides an easy to use development kit for almost all types of electrical switching by wireless means. (radio module not included, see our other items for XRF's). Supplied as a kit.
When utilised with an XRF loaded with relay base firmware it turns the board into a fully-fledged LLAP/OpenKontrol device. For XBee use, knowledge of the XBee API is required.
When running LLAP it is possible to have 676 different wireless devices on a single network. Multiple networks can be separated easily into over 65 thousand PANID's.
Setting up and controlling the board with an XRF running LLAP is very simple. Plain text is used to communicate with the device. An almost "english alike" syntax makes getting going a breeze. For example we can turn on relay 'A' on device 'FF' by sending aFFRELAYAON- and turn it off by aFFRELAYOFF.
We think LLAP is the easiest automation platform in the world.
- Fits into our Arduino black ABS box (see other items)
- Available with 2x 10 amp 250v rated relays or 2x 16 amp 250v rated relays
- Requires 6v to 14v DC to power the board, this can be by the DC jack or the 2 way screw terminal
- This device if used for mains should be encased to prevent electric shock to others.
- Mains electricity will kill if you are careless, have a lack of knowledge or common sense.
Build instructions here
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.