XBee Wi-Fi embedded RF modules provide simple serial to IEEE 802.11 connectivity. By bridging the low-power/low-cost requirements of wireless device networking with the proven infrastructure of 802.11, the XBee Wi-Fi creates new wireless opportunities for energy management, process and factory automation, wireless energy management, process and factory automation, wireless easy provisioning methods and native Device Cloud by Etherios™ connectivity.
XBee Wi-Fi modules give developers the fastest IP-to-device and device-to-cloud capability possible. Focused on the rigorous requirements of these wireless device networks, the module gives developers IP-to-device and device-to-cloud capability.
XBee modules offer developers tremendous flexibility and are available in surface mount and through-hole form factors. The XBee Wi-Fi shares a common footprint with other XBee modules. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other.
As a member of the XBee family, the XBee Wi-Fi combines hardware with software for a complete modular solution. XBee Wi-Fi modules are designed to communicate with access points in existing 802.11 infrastructures. Developers can use AT and API commands for advanced configuration options.
- • Native Device Cloud integration for data acquisition and device management
- • Hardware and software complete module easily joins existing 802.11 b/g/n (Wi-Fi) infrastructures
- • Common XBee footprint allows OEMs to support a variety of wireless protocols
- • Flexible SPI and UART serial interfaces
- • Available in Surface Mount and Through-Hole form factors
- • Support for low-power sleeping applications with<6 μA power-down current
- • Over-the-air data rates up to 72 Mbps
- • Simple provisioning methods including Soft AP and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- • Serial Data Interface: UART up to 1 Mbps, SPI up to 6 Mbps
- • Configuration Method: API or AT commands
- • Frequency Band: ISM 2.4 GHz
- • ADC Inputs: 4 (12-bit)
- • Digital I/O: 10
- • Form Factor: Through-Hole, Surface Mount
- • Antenna Options: PCB (Embedded), U.FL, RPSMA, Integrated Wire
- • Operating Temperature: -30º C to +85º C
- • Dimensions (L x W): 0.960 in x 1.297 in (2.438 cm x 3.294 cm)
- • Security: WPA-PSK,WPA2-PSK and WEP
- • Channels: 13 channels
- • Standard 802.11b/g/n
- • Data Rates 1 Mbps to 72 Mbps
- • Modulationc: CCK, DSSS
- • Transmit Power: Up to +16 dBm
- • Receiver Sensitivity: -93 to -71 dBm
- • Supply Voltage: 3.14 - 3.46 VDC
- • Transmit Current: Up to 309 mA
- • Receive Current: 100 mA
- • Power-Down Current:<6 µA @ 25º C
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.