The Firewing XBee SD shield is an Arduino compatible unit that has everything you need to support remote bootloading. The Firewing loader will automatically handle any packet re-transmissions, if needed. Alternatively, you can use the XBee shield to communicate with another XBee shield or PC. An onboard switch, selectable between "user" and "uart", allows you to send the XBee TX and RX to either the primary or secondary hardware Firewing UART. Alternatively, you can breakout the "user" switch option to any suitable Firewing I/O pin. This is particularly useful for Arduino users who may prefer to use different pins for TX and RX, rather than the default D2 and D3 options. The prototyping area is based around the standard Firewing shield that provides a double sided prototyping area with paired holes.
This board includes standard header pins but does not include stackable headers. If you want your prototyping board to be stackable, you will need to purchase our stackable header kit. If you require a board with the headers pre-soldered, please just drop us an email.
Please also note that the XBee module shown in the picture is not included with this purchase.
- Shield designed to work with Arduino or compatible main boards. Standard shield size.
- Onboard micro Secure Digital (SD) card slot. You will need a microSD card if you want to save data.
- Onboard regulator - allows high power transceivers to be used.
- Large prototyping area.
- Reset button.
- Switchable routing of XBee TX and RX pins.
- Breakout pads for XBee RX and TX in "user" switch mode - reroute to alternative header pins.
- Breakable link for SD card Chip Select (CS)
- Onboard LED showing TX, RX, Assoc and RSSI.
Additional Firewing Resources
The following Arduino code has been tested with this shield.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.