Our 3D Printing & Modelling Workshop will take you through the steps of 3D Printing so you can make your own "things" be it gifts, practical objects or just for fun! You'll be using 3D Printers from one of Earth's most innovative open source and trusted brands; Lulzbot. We'll introduce you to different filament materials along with when/why/how to use them. You'll also pick up some tips and tricks that will slingshot you to better prints and make maintaining your printer easier.
We'll walk you through Fusion360 and how to model practical objects that are designed for 3D printing.
Three important and mandatory requirements (if you rock up without having read/done these, you'll have to swing by another day):
- You'll need to bring your own laptop (fully charged)
- Register a Fusion360 student account. It's free. Follow the prompts to download and setup the software. It's a firm requirement that you have done this before attending the course. If you run into any issues, we'll help you through them via our forum (expect a reply within minutes on business days).
- Download and install the latest version of Cura downloaded (free).
Other handy intel about this workshop:
- There are no hidden costs - this is a FREE and full-fledged 3D printing workshop, enjoy!
- Ages 16-infinity
- 2-3 hour workshop
- Parents can drop off and pick up - no need to hang around
- Located at Core Electronics. Use Google Maps to find us, or dial in this address: Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown, 2289
- Questions / queries; get in touch with us.
These workshops are FREE and our goal is to introduce the skills of making to as many Newcastle locals as possible.
If you are bringing a friend then change the QTY field from "1" to "2". Seats are limited, please only opt-in if you are genuinely able to commit to the sessions.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.