Our 3D Printing & Modelling Workshop will take you through the steps of 3D Printing so you can make your own "things" be it gifts, practical objects or just for fun! You'll be using 3D Printers from one of Earth's most innovative open source and trusted brands; Lulzbot. We'll introduce you to different filament materials along with when/why/how to use them. You'll also pick up some tips and tricks that will slingshot you to better prints and make maintaining your printer easier.
We'll walk you through Fusion360 and how to model practical objects that are designed for 3D printing. This course is incredible value given the skills you will walk away with. Participants of this workshop are welcome to use our Lulzbot 3D Printers on our monthly Maker Open Days.
Three important and mandatory requirements (if you rock up without having read/done these, you'll have to swing by another day):
- You'll need to bring your own laptop (fully charged)
- Register a Fusion360 student account. It's free. Follow the prompts to download and setup the software. It's a firm requirement that you have done this before attending the course. If you run into any issues, we'll help you through them via our forum (expect a reply within minutes on business days).
- Download and install the latest version of Cura downloaded (free).
Other handy intel about this workshop:
- Ages 16-infinity
- 2-3 hour workshop
- Parents can drop off and pick up - no need to hang around
- Located at Core Electronics. Use Google Maps to find us, or dial in this address: Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown, 2289
- Questions / queries; get in touch with us.
Weekend workshops have a fee to cover the direct costs of weekend labour rates. We also go into more depth on the weekend workshops given the timings.
If you are bringing a friend then change the QTY field from "1" to "2". Seats are limited to ensure your experiences are wonderful.
NOTE - Commencing May 2017, each seat will cost $10. On the day of the workshop, you will receive a $15 store credit for each seat (yep, we'll give you more than you gave us). The booking fee is non-refundable and the store credit is only available if you attend. Our goal is to keep these workshops as close to "free" as possible, but avoid no-shows (especially given all the effort we put into them!)