The WAV Trigger is a high-fidelity polyphonic audio player that allows you to do more than just add music and sound effects to your project. The WAV Trigger plays and blends up to 14 uncompressed 16-bit, stereo, 44.1kHz wav files - the same quality as audio CD’s. The board has a line-level stereo audio output jack for use with headphones or external amplifiers and an on-board mono audio amplifier with a 2-pin connector for driving a speaker directly.
Tracks can be controlled using 16 trigger inputs or a serial control port that supports a rich serial command protocol, as well as MIDI. Trigger inputs can be connected directly to switches and buttons, or to digital outputs from sensors or another microcontroller. Alternate functions allow triggers to play sequential or random tracks, pause and resume groups of tracks and even control volume.
The serial control protocol allows complex functions like controlling the volume of individual tracks, starting multiple tracks in sample-sync and smooth cross-fading between tracks. An Arduino library makes it easy to do real-time control and audio mixing.
The serial port even supports MIDI protocol, meaning that you can use the WAV Trigger to build a polyphohonic sampling synthesizer to play your own sounds. MIDI Channels and Note numbers are mapped to track numbers, and MIDI Controllers adjust volume as well as attack and release times. The WAV Trigger audio engine implements voice stealing (oldest playing voices are used for new MIDI Notes when all 12 voices are being used), note attack (fade-in), note release (fade-out) and latency averages less than 10 ms.
Check the link in the documents below to keep up with the latest Firmware updates!
Note: This product is a collaboration with Robertsonics. A portion of each sales goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- Input voltage: 6-12VDC
- Current Consumption: 80mA idle, 120-200mA playing
- Low Power option: ~5mA idle.
- File system: FAT16/FAT32
- Audio out: 1/8" stereo headphone jack
- Audio out: On-board 2W mono amplifier speaker output
- Trigger inputs: 3.3-5V, default active low inputs with internal pull-ups
- Serial: Full duplex, 8N1, 57.6K baud, MIDI
- Trigger Latency: ~8ms, 12ms max
- Polyphonic: Play and mix up to 14 stereo tracks independently and simultaneously
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.