We no longer recommend using Limonene for filament removal. Modern dissolvable filaments such as this will break down in water and have more reliable adhesion.
High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) is an easy, low cost, and widely used 3D printing filament. HIPS comes in a wide range of colors and because it's so easy to print with it is recommended for beginners. To learn more, see the LulzBot TAZ filament profile for HIPS at the bottom of this product page.
HIPS 3D printer filament has similar properties to ABS because it is relatively strong can be sanded. Unlike ABS, HIPS has less potential for warping while printing and is ideal for painting making it popular for use with costumes, models, and miniature figurines. Additionally, the low cost of HIPS makes it an appealing material for rapid prototyping, early testing of modeled objects, and educational settings.
HIPS also performs well as a support material. This means it can be used with other filaments when you can print objects with interior cavities, intricate sections, overhanging portions, and much more.
- Filament Diameter: 3 mm
- Amount of Filament: 1 kg
- Average Length of Filament: 141.5m
- Filament color may vary
- Special Tool Head Requirements: LulzBot Hexagon Hot End recommended
- Hot End Temperature Range: 230°C
- Print Surface: PEI film recommended
- Print Surface Temperature: 110°C
HIPS filament ships vacuum sealed and mounted on a reel.
Find the most up-to-date print profiles, including hot end and print bed temperatures, by selecting your Free Software program of choice:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade