USB to TTL converters are an essential for prototyping - they provide a direct interface with the target device. This module connects to your computer USB port and there are 4 wires which connect with your target device.
- Fully enclosed professional finish.
- Built-in PL2303
- Designed to be used for USB to TTL electronic projects
- TTL interface output, easy to connect to your MCU
- Dual 3.3V and 5V Power output (by Changing the red wire termination)
- Can independantly power the circuit with 5V or 3.3V
- Compact design
- Red - power. This pin provides up to 500mA current. YOU MUST NOT use other power supplies if you choose to power the target device with this Adaptor.
- Black - ground (always needed, regardless if the Adaptor is powering the target device or not)
- White RX (3.3V / 5V)
- Green TX (3.3V / 5V)
3.3V and 5V Selection:
Open the plastic case (twist the USB connector and then evenly pull apart the plastic case) and change the red wire termination from the pad marked 5V or 3V3.
Supports the following Windows OSes:
- Windows 98SE
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Windows XP SP2 and above (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2003 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- NOTE: For Windows 7, please use RC build 7100 or above.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Programming with USB-Serial Converters
Thanks to huge advancements in technology over the last decade, the maker community that we know and love has thrived. It’s now easier than ever before to get started with programming and tinkering due to the innovation from brands such as Ardu...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Prototyping a Circuit: Methods and Tools
Ah prototyping, the backbone of maker electronics, well really all electronics. Any successful device, product, or idea doesn’t just appear as a finished concept, it goes through stages of product and one of those is prototyping. In fact, for m...
- Fritzing for Schematic and PCB Design
Fritzing is a completely free Circuit Design program available across all popular operating systems. The program was designed to support hobbyists, hackers, artists and makers (and all creative minds) in taking the step from concept to prototype to p...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.