Charge your single-cell lithium ion/polymer battery any which way you like with this board. Have a USB connection? No problem, just plug into the miniUSB connector. Only have a wall adapter? Any standard 2.1mm DC adapter which puts out 5 to 12VDC will work fine. If both are plugged in, the charger will automatically choose whichever has the highest voltage.
Other nice things about this charger include multiple LEDs for power & charging status, including a charging LED which will blink when the battery is full. If the charger gets too hot from high-speed charging, it will slow down the charge rate automatically. You can easily adjust the charge rate up to 1.2A or down to 100mA.
For use with Adafruit Lipoly/LiIon batteries only! Other batteries may have different voltage, chemistry, polarity or pinout.
- Use USB or DC power - 5 to 12V input
- Charges one single-cell 3.7/4.2v batteries (not for older 3.6/4.1v cells) with constant current/constant voltage
- Three indicator LEDs - green for Power, orange for charging and red for error
- Charging LED will blink when the battery is full
- You don't have to worry about heat dissipation in the charger, even when plugging in a 12V DC power jack - thermal protection inside will slow down the charge rate to prevent damage
- 2 JST connections so you can keep the battery plugged in and powering your project
- Terminal block connections galore (if you don't like JST connectors) just solder in 3.5mm terminal blocks
- Default charge rate is about 500mA, but you can easily change this by soldering in a through-hole resistor on. The chip can do 100-1200 mA charging
- Safety timer will stop charging after about 14 hours
- The chip supports a standard 10K thermistor, which Adafruit have stuffed as a standard resistor. You can solder in a thermistor easily
- Lots of information in the datasheet for the MCP73861
- Fully assembled, tested and comes with a free JST cable
- Schematic available for your perusal
- Dimensions: 1.75" x 1.6"
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.