This is an easy to assemble, through-hole kit version of the popular UBW board. This is a spectacular little development board featuring the PIC18F2553. Based on the work of Brian Schmalz, the UBW is a small board with a command interpreter for basic input and output control. When attached to a Windows/Max OS X/Linux computer, the UBW will show up as an RS232 Com port! You control the individual I/O pins on the PIC through simple serial commands. This is a kit and includes a pre-programmed 18F2553 and both male and female connectors so you can choose which connector you would prefer.
The 18F2553 comes pre-programmed with a USB bootloader. This means you can create HEX files using any compiler or assembler (C18, CC8e, SDCC) and then load that HEX file onto the PIC without an external programmer - directly over USB! Power is obtained over USB.
Please download the Microchip USB Bootloader below. Please see the UBW home page for more information.
Note: This product is a collaboration with Brian Schmalz. A portion of each sales goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- Reset Button
- General Input Button (also used to enter program mode during a reset)
- USB Connection
- 14 General I/O
- TX/RX (can be used as a USB to UART converter board)
- 20MHz Resonator
- Two Status LEDs
- Preprogrammed with Bootloader and UBW_D firmware
- 1 x UBW PTH PCB
- 1 x PIC 18F2553
- 1 x 28 Pin DIP Socket
- 1 x 10uF Capacitor
- 3 x LEDs
- 2 x Momentary Switches
- 1 x Breakaway Female Header
- 1 x Breakaway Male Header
- 2 x 10K Resistor
- 3 x 330 Ohm Resistor
- 2 x 0.1uF Capacitor
- 1 x 20MHz resonator
- 1 x ICSP Connector
- 1 x USB B Connector
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade