This is an easy to assemble, through-hole kit version of the popular UBW board. This is a spectacular little development board featuring the PIC18F2553. Based on the work of Brian Schmalz, the UBW is a small board with a command interpreter for basic input and output control. When attached to a Windows/Max OS X/Linux computer, the UBW will show up as an RS232 Com port! You control the individual I/O pins on the PIC through simple serial commands. This is a kit and includes a pre-programmed 18F2553 and both male and female connectors so you can choose which connector you would prefer.
The 18F2553 comes pre-programmed with a USB bootloader. This means you can create HEX files using any compiler or assembler (C18, CC8e, SDCC) and then load that HEX file onto the PIC without an external programmer - directly over USB! Power is obtained over USB.
Please download the Microchip USB Bootloader below. Please see the UBW home page for more information.
Note: This product is a collaboration with Brian Schmalz. A portion of each sales goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- Reset Button
- General Input Button (also used to enter program mode during a reset)
- USB Connection
- 14 General I/O
- TX/RX (can be used as a USB to UART converter board)
- 20MHz Resonator
- Two Status LEDs
- Preprogrammed with Bootloader and UBW_D firmware
- 1 x UBW PTH PCB
- 1 x PIC 18F2553
- 1 x 28 Pin DIP Socket
- 1 x 10uF Capacitor
- 3 x LEDs
- 2 x Momentary Switches
- 1 x Breakaway Female Header
- 1 x Breakaway Male Header
- 2 x 10K Resistor
- 3 x 330 Ohm Resistor
- 2 x 0.1uF Capacitor
- 1 x 20MHz resonator
- 1 x ICSP Connector
- 1 x USB B Connector
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.