Note: The High-Resolution version of this sensor is now available so this one is being discontinued. We’re now selling them at a reduced price so get them while you can! The High-Resolution version can be found here.
This is the new, weather resistant, field-hardened WR1 from Maxbotix. The XL series of this sensor features higher resolution, longer range, higher power output and better calibration when compared to the LV version.
The WR1 uses a robust PVC housing, is designed to meet IP67 water intrusion, and matches standard electrical ¾" PVC pipe fittings. The sensor provides very accurate readings from 0 to 765cm (0 to 25.1ft) with 1cm resolution. This sensor can be powered with anywhere between 3.3 and 5VDC.
Range information can be gathered through one of three methods - analog, serial, or PWM - all of which are active at the same time. The analog output will produce a voltage proportional to the measured distance, with a sensitivity of (Vcc/1024)V/cm. The serial interface is simple and formatted to RS-232, with voltages ranging from 0 to Vcc and terminal settings of 9600-8-N-1. Finally, the PWM pin outputs a pulse-width representation of the range with a scale factor of 58us/cm.[
Mounting hardware](https://core-electronics.com.au/search/?q=9010) is also available, designed specifically for this device.
- 3.3V to 5V supply with very low average current draw
- All interfaces are active simultaneously
- Serial, 0 to Vcc
- 9600 baud, 8-N-1
- Analog, (Vcc/1024) / cm resolution
- Pulse Width
- High acoustic power output
- Real-time auto calibration and noise rejection for every ranging cycle
- Precise narrow beam
- Continuously variable gain
- Object detection includes zero range objects
- Readings can occur up to every 100mS, (10-Hz rate)
- Free run operation can continually measure and output range information
- Triggered operation provides the range reading as desired
- Sensor operates at 42KHz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.