Our UAV Development Board is back! The UDB5 (UAV Development Board version 5) comes populated with a dsPIC33FJ256 CPU, and the impressive MPU-6000, a MEMS 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer. The on-board Invensense gyro even has enough vibration tolerance to be used in RC heli applications.
By itself, the board can be used to develop a three axis IMU controller. By addition of an EM406 or D2523T GPS receiver, it can be used to develop a UAV controller for an RC car, plane, helicopter, or boat. It comes with self-testing firmware that can serve as a starting point for you to develop your own control and navigation firmware. There is even fully functional, open source autopilot firmware available. We’ve made a few changes with the UDB5, we’ve removed the MMA7361 three axis accelerometer, the dual axis IDG500 gyro, and the single axis ISZ500 gyro and moved to an MPU-6000. The PCB form factor hasn’t changed. If you like, you can add a reset button and/or a 0.2F super cap.
Note: For programming, we recommend the PICkit3. Check the related products below.
Note: A GPS module is not included. Check the related products below.
- compatible with 20-channel EM-406A SiRF III GPS
- compatible with 48-channel EM-506 GPS with SiRF Star IV chipset
- compatible with 50-channel GS407 Helical GPS
- dsPIC33FJ256GP710A Controller (with onboard 3.3V and 5V glue logic)
- dsPIC runs at 80MHz (40 MIPS) with 8MHz resonator and PLL
- MPU-6000 MEMS 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
- External 256Kbit EEPROM
- Up to 8 Input, 8 output PWM points
- 6-wire debug header or ICSP header
- 4 separate colored status LEDs
- On board 3.3V and 5V regulators (150mA max)
- Spare USART connection for debugging, flight logging, wireless telemetry, etc.
- I/O pins include a CAN, an I2C, and a SPI port
- 30 spare analog and digital I/O pins for debugging and interfacing to sensors
- Eagle Files
- GitHub Hardware Files
- Datasheet (MPU-6000)
- MatrixPilot Firmware Home
- MatrixPilot Firmware Downloads
- DIYDrones UDB Page
- DIYDrones UDB Article (how the UDB handles sustained rotations)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.