This GPS module is well known amongst the community and is often used with the ArduCopter gear. At the core is a U-blox Neo-6 GPS receiver which has advanced power management and anti-jamming technology. The module takes care of all the hardware requirements leaving only 4 connections to your micro/external application (Vcc RX TX Gnd).
- Standalone GPS receiver
- 9600 baud (default setting; can be changed)
- 3.3V Device
- TTL IOs; (FYI, the TX 3.3V 'high' state will be sufficient to drive normal 5V microcontroller TTL inputs without additional hardware)
- Onboard LED which flashes to indicate lock
- U-blox NEO-6M GPS module
- Under 1 second time-to-first-fix for hot and aided starts
- Indoor GPS: -162 dBm tracking sensitivity
- Anti-jamming technology
- Support SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- U-blox 6 50 channel positioning engine with over 2 million effective correlators
- 5Hz position update rate
- Operating temperature range: -40 TO 85°C
- UART TTL socket
- EEprom to store settings
You don't need to be a copter-expert to use this device! Just power it up and within a few moments you will have continuous GPS data being sent from the TX on the module.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to use GPS with Arduino - Parse and Log NMEA Sentences
Now that you know How GPS Receivers work we can apply that understanding to some real-world application of the idea. To get going, we can use any GPS receiver, an Arduino Uno and some male-to-female Jumper cables. We've chosen to go with Adafrui...
- How GPS Receivers work
GPS is accurate and handy to use, so much so that we rely on it more and more every day. It's not often we take the time to learn how it works. The idea of GPS refers to a Global Positioning System; a collection of satellites in orbit above the Earth...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.