The Tilt Sensor can detect when it is at an angle.
Output: This module contains two contacts and a small metal ball. When the sensor is in its upright position, the ball bridges the two contacts, completing the circuit. When the board is tilted, the ball moves, and the circuit opens. When upright, the module outputs 5V and when it is tilted, it outputs 0V. When connected to an input on the Arduino using the TinkerKit Shield, you can expect to read a value of 1023 when in its upright position and 0 when it is titled.
Module description: this module features a Tilt Sensor, a signal amplifier, the standard TinkerKit 3pin connector, a green LED that signals that the module is correctly powered and a yellow LED that lights up when a connection is made (the sensor is upright).
This module is a SENSOR. The connector is an OUTPUT which must be connected to one of the INPUT connectors on the TinkerKit Shield.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.