A Potentiometer is a commonly used variable resistor. Turning the knob, you vary the output voltage between 0 and 5V. This value is sent through the middle pin of the pot.
Output: This module outputs 5v when turned in one direction, and 0v when turned in the opposite way. When connected to an input on the Arduino using the TinkerKit Shield, you can expect to read values between 0 and 1023.
Module Description: This module features a 4k7 Ohm linear potentiometer, a signal amplifier, the standard TinkerKit 3pin connector, a green LED that signals that the module is correctly powered and a yellow LED whose brightness changes according to the position of the potentiometer.
This module is a SENSOR. The connector is an OUTPUT which must be connected to one of the INPUT connectors on the TinkerKit Shield.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.