The LED is possibly the simplest actuator available. It’s a low power light source available in many colors. It lights up when powered from an Arduino pin.
Input: Arduino provides a maximum of 40 mA per pin; this is enough to light up the LED through the digitalWrite() and analogWrite() functions.
Module description: This module features a 5mm Red Light Emitting Diode, the standard TinkerKit 3pin connector and a green LED that signals that the module is correctly powered and a tiny yellow LED that shows the current brightness of the red LED. A resistor provides the optimal amount of current when connected to an Arduino.
This module is an ACTUATOR therefore the connector is an INPUT that need to be connected to one of the OUTPUT connectors on the TinkerKit Shield.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.