An accelerometer is a device that measures acceleration. It is very common in consumer electronics such as portable electronic devices and video game controllers to detect movement using accelerometers.
Output: This module outputs 0V to 5V on one of its two signal pins when its G-force is changed (e.g. is moved). The value is approximately 2.5V when there is 0G on the X or Y axis. When you connect this module to the input on an Arduino using the TinkerKit Shield, you can expect to read values between 0 to 1023 while moving the module.
Module description: On the back of the module you can find two signal amplifier and a green LED that signals that the module is correctly powered. The module is based on the LIS344AL by ST Microelectronics, and is a three-axis acceremoter. You can get data about the third axis (referred to as Z) by soldering a header to the thru-hole labeled "Z".
This module is a SENSOR. The connector is an OUTPUT which must be connected to one of the INPUT connectors on the TinkerKit Shield.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.