The Tamiya 72007 4-Speed High-Power Gearbox kit includes one brushed DC motor and all the gears and parts to build any of the four possible gear ratio configurations: 39.6:1, 47.6:1, 61.7:1, 74:1. The four gear ratio options give you the flexibility to choose the best speed and torque for your project.
|Tamiya 72007 4-Speed High-Power Gearbox Kit|
The kit includes step-by-step illustrated instructions in both Japanese and English. A scanned copy of the instructions is available on the Pictures tab. The kit can be built with just a screwdriver, but the instructions recommend having side cutters, pliers, and a modeling knife on hand.
This gearbox has a 4 mm diameter, round output shaft, which works with the wheels that are compatible with Tamiya 4 mm, round shafts and Pololu's 4 mm universal mounting hub. Pololu's 3 mm universal mounting hub also fits on the smaller threaded end of the shaft, although it is not specifically intended to work with this type of shaft (the hub’s set screw could damage the thread on the shaft).
The low-voltage motor in this gearbox runs on 1.5-4.5 volts and draws up to a few amps when stalled, making it compatible with Pololu's DRV8833 motor driver carrier if appropriate precautions are taken to avoid stalling the motor.
- One type 260 motor. For motor specs, see the Mabuchi motor RE-260 (#2295) data sheet (59k pdf).
- Four different gear ratios:
- 4 mm round output shaft (length: 100 mm) compatible with Tamiya wheels for 4 mm, round shafts and Pololu's 4 mm universal mounting hub.
- Assorted cranks
Note: The Tamiya 70203 Low-Current Motor Gearbox is a kit; assembly is required.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.