How it works
Each Boxing Fighter is driven by two independent gearboxes. Each gearbox transfers movement to both its associated foot and arm via crank plate and linkage rod, causing the arm to punch as the foot propels the unit. Each gearbox is controlled by a corresponding lever on the two-channel remote control, which means you can move your fighter forwards or backwards while turning to the left or the right. In no time you will be able to make your boxing fighter go anywhere you want.
Through a simple adjustment of the elbow linkage rod, the type of punch can be changed from an upper cut to a straight jab. By adjusting one arm for upper cuts and one for straight jabs, you can achieve a combination of the two attacks for more tactical fights. You can also adjust the stability of each fighter, making it easier or harder for your fighter to be knocked down. If the fighter gets hit in his mouth, his judging plate drops to indicate that he has lost the match.
The fighters’ bodies are made from transparent yellow and pink ABS resin that allows you to see all of the motors, gears, cranks, and linkage rods in action.
Basic specifications (for one Boxing Fighter)
- Total length: 141 mm (arm extended), 87 mm (arm retracted)
- Total width: 92 mm
- Total height: 144 mm
- Total weight: 160 g (without remote control)
- Body material: ABS resin
- Gearboxes, motors, and two remote-controls included.
- Stickers for customization of fighter appearance are also included.
- The product’s box has been specifically designed to serve as a boxing ring.
- A screwdriver for assembly is provided.
- Requires two AA (a.k.a. R6 or UM3) batteries (sold separately) for Boxing Fighter (i.e. four AA batteries total).
How to play
Hitting your opponent in the mouth will make the judging plate lower. When your opponent’s plate is completely lowered, you win the fight. Check out the Tamiya 71110 Boxing Fighter for more ways to play. This set comes with stickers that let you customize the appearance of your fighter, and the product’s box has been specifically designed as a boxing ring.
Note: This is a containing one yellow and one pink fighter (the blue fighter shown in some pictures on this page is sold separately as a single unit). Assembly requires using a screwdriver and snapping parts together. No soldering is required. Run on flat, smooth surfaces; avoid running over slopes, on bumpy roads, or on thick carpet.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.