Are you a fan of the XBee form-factor but in need of more power? Try the Synapse module! The Synapse RF266PC1 is an IEEE802.15.4 RF module running the SNAP® network operating system that is pin-compatible with sockets already designed in for Digi International’s XBee® and XBee-PRO® RF modules. The RF266 also includes an open source software layer that can understand AT commands that you may already be using or you can modify the software to fit your requirements.
This module supports data rates from 250kbps up to 2Mbps and distances of up to 4000ft. because of a high gain 20 dBm transmit amp; a built in receive amp provides a -107 dBm receive sensitivity! These small, low-powered, 2.4 GHz transmitter-receiver modules are modest in power consumption – as low as 0.37 μA.
The RF266PC1 even comes preloaded with the award-winning Synapse SNAP network operating system. The embedded Python virtual machine makes application programming fast and easy and you can send your code to the module over the air. That’s right, the module can be programmed with a stripped-down Python style language and execute code on it’s own, no separate microcontroller required!
- 15 GPIO, and up to 4 10-bit A/D inputs
- One UART port for control or transparent data
- Low power modes: 0.37 μA with internal timer running
- 128k flash, 56k free for over-the-air uploaded user apps
- Up to 4000 feet, LoS at 250kbps with on-board chip antenna
- Socket-able or solder-able
- SNAP Cloud Compatible
- 250 kbps to 2 Mbps Data Rate
- 2.4 GHz RF Frequency
- Spread Spectrum (DSSS) technology
- Receive Amplifier (10 dBm)
- Transmit amplifier (20 dBm)
- Chip antenna
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.