Are you low on I/O? No problem! The SX1509 can leverage your I2C interface for 16 extra channels of GPIO. And that’s not all! This handy device also contains a fully programmable LED driver and a keypad scanning engine which enables continuous keypad monitoring of up to 64 keys! Since the I/O banks can operate between 1.2V and 3.6V (5.5V tolerant) independent of both the core and each other, this device can also work as a level-shifter.
This breakout board makes it easy to prototype using the SX1509 so you can add more I/O onto your Arduino or I/O limited controller. We’ve even spun up an Arduino Library to get you started!
- Enable Direct Level Shifting Between I/O Banks and Host Controller
- 5.5V Tolerant I/Os, Up to 15mA Output Sink on All I/Os
- Integrated LED Driver with Intensity Control
- On-Chip Keypad Scanning Engine Supports Up to 8x8 Matrix (64 Keys)
- 16 Channels of True Bi-directional Style I/O
- 400kHz I2C Compatible Slave Interface
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.