Pianists? No! Pannists? Yes! Educate yourself on the sounds of Trinidad and Tobago with Gakken's Steel Drum Kit. Put together a four-note steelpan with an 1/8th inch output and ride the soundwaves down to the Caribbean islands.
The kit includes the drum, a pickup that magnetizes to the bottom of the drum, a stand for the drum, mallets, and an 1/8th inch out.
Amplifier and batteries not included!
Like many of Adafruit's Gakken kits, the instructions are all in Japanese but there are pictures on how to assemble it and Adafruit didn't have too much trouble putting it together.
Gakken is a Japanese publishing company founded in 1946. In the 1970s, they began selling educational toys, books, magazines, and electronic kits. Their kits are known for their smart design and relative ease of use and have a large cult following both in Japan and the United States.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.