Play the light fantastic with this DIY kit for NeoPixels. The Rainbow Light Show Kit from Spikenzielabs is a great electronics kit with easy to solder through hole parts and an instruction guide that is packed with photo rich instructions.
Much more than just a hobby electronics soldering kit. The Rainbow Light Show kit is a mesmerizing interactive experience. Wave your hands over the three proximity sensors and watch the Light Show! Mix red, green and blue to create as many colors as you can imagine, and watch them chase each other down the strip.
The kit comes with one RGB LED strip. Each of the LEDs can produce any of around 16 million different colors, all at the control of your hands. The strip included with the kit has sixteen LEDs. Optionally, Adafruit made the kit expandable up to 64 LEDs in total, for an awesome amount of light and color!
- Touch-less Interface
- No computer required
- Automatic sleep
- On demand calibration
- Expandable up to 64 LEDs
- Compatible with Adafruit Neopixel LEDs
Included in the kit:
- Rainbow Light Show PCB and parts
- Laser cut acrylic stand
- 5V 2A Wall adapter
- RGB LED strip with 16 LEDs with wires attached
Tools and supplies required *NOT INCLUDED*:
- Soldering iron
- Flush cutters
- Screw drivers (Phillips and flat blade)
- Optional - painters tape
- Your hands!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.