The SparkFun moto:bit is a fully loaded “carrier” board for the micro:bit that, when combined with the micro:bit, provides you with a fully functional robotics platform. The moto:bit offers a simple, beginner-friendly robotics controller capable of operating a basic robotics chassis. Onboard each moto:bit are multiple I/O pins capable of hooking up servos, sensors and other circuits. At the flip of the switch you can get your micro:bit moving!
The moto:bit connects to the micro:bit via an edge connector at the top of the board, making setup easy. This creates a handy way to swap out micro:bits for programming, while still providing reliable connections to all of the different pins on the micro:bit. We have also included a basic barrel jack on the moto:bit that is capable of providing power to anything you connect to the carrier board.
The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Between the micro:bit and our shield-like bit boards you can do almost anything while coding, customizing and controlling your micro:bit from almost anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, this versatile board has vast potential!
Note: The SparkFun moto:bit is available to pre-order and does NOT include a micro:bit board; we expect to start shipping units by early July. Adding a pre-order product to an order may cause a delay. Be sure to uncheck “ship complete order” in your cart to avoid delays in shipping in-stock items.
- Edge connector for easy use with the micro:bit
- Full H-Bridge for control of two motors
- Control servo motors
- I2C port for extending functionality
- Power and battery management onboard for the micro:bit
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.