Blynk is an easy to use app builder that allows users to add a variety of buttons, sliders, graphical displays and even RGB controllers to their phone. The SparkFun Blynk Board is specially designed to work with the ‘widgets’ within the Blynk mobile app to create your next IoT project. Monitor local weather conditions, control LEDs from your phone, even send a tweet when it’s time to water your plants!
The SparkFun IoT Starter Kit with Blynk Board is a great way to gain a solid introduction to the world of Internet of Things (IoT) technology without any difficult programming. With this kit you will be able to get your Blynk Board connected and, by utilizing the pre-loaded projects, use diverse set of components to build an array of web- and phone-connected projects.
Every Blynk Board comes fully programmed and also includes a Blynk subscription code card (15k Energy at a $10 value), which will be needed to connect the Blynk Board to your Blynk account. Simply connect to a Wi-Fi signal and you are ready to use this starter kit!Getting started with your Blynk Board and getting it connected to the Blynk App on your iOS or Android device is a breeze. Once you’ve played with the ZeRGBa (a festively colored zebra ‘widget’ that can change the color of the on-board RGB LED) checkout our step-by-step project guide with detailed images on how to add and control the large selection of widgets within Blynk.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with a drive to learn more about Blynk and its uses. So if you are looking for a new challenge or a way to get in on the IoT craze, check out the SparkFun IoT Starter Kit with Blynk Board!
Note: The Blynk app is compatible with iDevices running iOS 7.0+, and Android’s running any version above or equal to 4.0.
Note: Customers who initially order this Starter Kit may receive a white USB wall wart instead of the one listed below and seen in the image above. The included wall wart will be capable of 5V and 1A regardless of what it looks like.
Note: Android is currently supported, however iOS is still being approved by iTunes. We expect it within the next week.
- Project 1: Blynk Button, Physical LED
- Project 2: Physical Button, Blynk LED
- Project 3: Slide-Dimming LEDs
- Project 4: Temperature and Humidity Values
- Project 5: Gauging the Analog-to-Digital Converter
- Project 6: Automating With the Timer
- Project 7: The LCD’s Wealth of Information
- Project 8: Joystick Joyride
- Project 9: Graphing Voltage
- Project 10: Charting Lighting History
- Project 11: Terminal Chat
- Project 12: BotaniTweeting
- Project 13: Push Door, Push Phone
- Project 14: Status Emails
- SparkFun Blynk Board - ESP8266
- SparkFun Soil Moisture Sensor (with Screw Terminals)
- Magnetic Door Switch Set
- Sub-Micro Size Servo
- Slide Pot - X-Large (10k Linear Taper)
- Toggle Switch
- Mini Photocell
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- Pocket Screwdriver Set
- Resistor 10K Ohm 1/6th Watt PTH - 20 pack
- Resistor 330 Ohm 1/6 Watt PTH - 20 pack
- Alligator Test Leads - Multicolored (10 Pack)
- Jumper Wires - Connected 6" (M/M, 20 pack)
- USB microB Cable - 6 Foot
- Wall Charger - 5V USB (1A)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.