The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit (SIK) for micro:bit is a great way to get creative, connected and coding with the micro:bit. The SIK for micro:bit provides not only the micro:bit board but everything you need to hook up and experiment with multiple electronic circuits! With the SIK for micro:bit you will be able to complete circuits that will teach you how to read sensors, move motors, build Bluetooth devices and more.
The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for micro:bit is the latest and greatest in single-board computer kits. Surrounding the micro:bit SIK is one core philosophy –– that anyone can (and should) be able to experiment with cutting-edge electronics in a fun and playful way without breaking the bank.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for all users, from beginners to engineers. We are currently writing a complete Experiment Guide featuring 14 (or more) unique circuit examples for you to utilize and learn more about the micro:bit! It will be released when we make the micro:bit SIK live with stock. If you have ever been interested in learning about electronics, or if you have used the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit and are looking for something new, the SIK for micro:bit is the perfect kit for you!
The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Between the micro:bit and our shield-like bit boards you can do almost anything while coding, customizing and controlling your micro:bit from almost anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, this versatile board has vast potential!
Note: The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for micro:bit is available to pre-order; we expect to start shipping units by early July. Adding a pre-order product to an order may cause a delay. Be sure to uncheck “ship complete order” in your cart to avoid delays in shipping in-stock items.
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer
- Circuit 3: Driving an RGB LED
- Circuit 4: Driving Multiple LEDs
- Circuit 5: Using the LED Array
- Circuit 6: Reading a Button Press
- Circuit 7: Reading a Photoresistor
- Circuit 8: Reading the Temperature Sensor
- Circuit 9: Using a Servo Motor
- Circuit 10: Using Buzzer Data
- Circuit 11: Using the Accelerometer
- Circuit 12: Using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Circuit 13: Using the Compass
- Circuit 14: Saving Data as a File
- micro:bit Board
- SparkFun micro:bit Breakout (with Headers)
- Full-Size Breadboard
- micro:bit Battery Holder - 2xAA
- Small Servo
- TMP36 Temperature Sensor
- USB microB Cable — 6 Foot
- Jumper Wires
- RGB Diffused LED
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- 10K Trimpot
- Momentary Pushbutton Switch
- SPDT Mini Power Switch
- Mini Speaker
- 100 Ohm Resistors
- 10K Ohm Resistors
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.