The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for RedBot is a great way to get started with two motor robotics and sensor integration using the Arduino programming language. The SIK for RedBot includes everything you need to complete nine circuits that will teach you how to drive your RedBot, have it follow lines, control it remotely, and more. This kit doesn’t require previous programming or electronics experience but it is recommended that you possess an understanding of or desire to learn about robotics.
The SparkFun RedBot is a great way to get your feet wet in the world of robotics. However, once you have assembled your RedBot, you may be at a loss as to where to go from there. The on-line SIK for RedBot Digital Guide (in the Documents section below) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit and assemble the kit into a full-fledged robot with all of the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong. Once you’ve mastered each experiment, you can take what you’ve learned and apply it to creating your own robot platform.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone curious about robotics or if you have used the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit and are looking for the next step in programming education.
Note: The Experiment Guide in the Documents section below includes full example to code to get your RedBot functioning and moving as quickly as possible.
- Circuit 1: Software Install and Basic Test
- Circuit 2: Drive Forward
- Circuit 3: Turning
- Circuit 4: Push to Start & Making Sounds
- Circuit 5: Bumpers
- Circuit 6: Line Following with IR Sensors
- Circuit 7: Encoder
- Circuit 8: Accelerometer
- Circuit 9: Remote Control
- 1x SparkFun RedBot Mainboard
- 1x Shadow Chassis
- 1x SparkFun RedBot Sensor - Accelerometer
- 2x SparkFun RedBot Sensor - Mechanical Bumper
- 3x SparkFun RedBot Sensor - Line Follower
- 1x SparkFun RedBot Buzzer
- 2x Hobby Gearmotor - 140 RPM
- 2x Wheel - 65mm (Rubber Tire)
- 1x Wheel Encoder Kit
- 5x Jumper Wire - 3-pin, 6"
- 1x SparkFun USB Mini-B Cable - 6 Foot
- 1x SparkFun Mini Screwdriver
- 4x AA Alkaline Battery - 1500 mAh
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.