Ready to add some good vibes to your project? Look no further than the SparkFun Haptic Motor Driver. This board breaks out Texas Instruments' DRV2605L Haptic Motor Driver, which adds meaningful feedback from your devices using the breakout and an Arduino-compatible device.
The DRV2605L is capable of driving two different types of motors, ERM and LRA. It is important to know, however, that the default firmware for the DRV2605L is set for use with ERM type motors. We have created an Arduino library that makes the DRV2605L easy to use with six different ERM effects and one LRA effect.
The SparkFun Haptic Motor Driver breakout board features six pins to provide power to the sensor and I2C bus. Additionally, a microcontroller that supports I2C is required to communicate with the DRV2605L and relay the data to the user by means of vibration.
- Flexible Haptic and Vibration Driver for both ERM and LRA type motors
- I2C Controlled Digital Playback Engine
- Audio to Vibe
- PWM input with 0–100% Duty-Cycle Control Range
- Hardware Trigger Input
- Built-in Waveform Sequencer and Trigger
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.