Have you been searching for that perfect Internet of Things dev kit? The Spark Core is a microcontroller that will get your IoT troubles behind you.
The Spark Core is a complete Wi-Fi enabled development platform for creating connected devices with ease. Please note, this is not truly Arduino-compatible - Their IDE works with many Arduino examples and there have been libraries that are ported to the STM processor on board but even though they say 'Arduino-compatible' Adafruit would classify it more like "Arduino-like programming language"
The Spark Core is small, low power, and does all the heavy WiFi lifting, but will still let you do all kinds of tinkering to get your IoT project up and running. There's a backend website platform 'cloud' that will let you send and receive data so, rather than having to access everything from your local network or trying to figure out how to tunnel into it, the Spark Core connects out to the Spark.io network for seamless connectivity. You can always set up your own protocols if you want, but you don’t have to. And that’s kind of the point! The Spark Core ships hooked up the cloud, so you can worry about your things and how they integrate, instead of worrying about getting the cloud to work. There's a lot more info on the Particle website.
Each Spark Core comes with 1 x Core, 1 x usb cable, 1 sticker, and 1 medium sized breadboard.
On May 16, Spark.io renamed themselves to Particle, it's all the same hardward, software, and design - just a new name!
- ARM 32-bit Cortex™-M3 CPU Core
- 72Mhz operating frequency, 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1)
- 128KB of Flash memory
- 20KB of SRAM
- 12 bit ADC
- USB 2.0 full-speed interface
- USART, SPI and I2C interfaces
- JTAG Debug mode
- Core Dimensions: 37mm x 20mm x 6mm / 1.5" x 0.8" x 0.2"
- Height w/ Pins: 13mm / 0.5"
- Core Weight: 6g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.