The GM10 is a very small brushed DC motor and gearbox combination. At 5 volts, the motor draws 27 mA, and the 81:1 gear ratio delivers 370 RPM. This gearmotor provides 3.6 oz-in of torque with a stall current of 184 mA. All of this is in a tiny package with a weight of only 5 grams! This motor has 12" stranded wire leads.
This motor does not have continuous rotation by default, but you can easily remove the centering spring that limits motion to approximately 60 degrees in each direction. Removing the included arm exposes a 0.190" round shaft that is 0.125" long; the last 0.050" of the shaft is a square with 0.140" sides. The GM10 1" wheels are designed specifically for use with this motor once it has been modified for continuous rotation.
If you’ve been looking for the right motor and gearbox for your next micro-sized robot project, this motor is for you! Pololu also carry a variety of larger gearmotors, which are listed on Pololu's gearbox page.
Note: The GM10 81:1 geared pager motor does not come with mounting hardware, instructions, or packaging.
- Description: Centering pager gearmotor
- Gear ratio: 81:1
- 3 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 233
- No-load current: ~ 13 mA
- Stall current: ~ 118 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 2.2 oz.in.
- 6 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 454
- No-load current: ~ 20 mA
- Stall current: ~ 220 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 3.2 oz.in.
- Weight: 5 g
|Solarbotics GM10 geared pager motor dimensions (in mm).|
You can download a pdf version of this drawing here (48k pdf).
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.