Scary. Solar. Skull-y. The Solar Powered SKULL Blinky LED Pendant by Lumen Electronic Jewelry is an awesome new kit where, with a little soldering, you can make a battery-less blinking skull. That's right, there's no coin battery! Instead, a 1 Farad super capacitor is used to store energy. It takes around an hour to make and, when you finish, you can charge it either with a USB or with the power of the sun.
It takes less than 2 minutes or so to fully charge through the USB and 15 minutes from direct sunlight. In darkness, it'll last for almost 90 minutes - making it the perfect goth accessory for outdoor Disneyland adventures or indoor Bauhaus concerts (you can charge it during the opening act).
There are detailed assembly instructions available here! And the pendant also comes with a schematic and parts list. The photos above show one that was dipped in clear-coat epoxy to protect it after assembly.
- Solar Charge Time: ~15 minutes
- USB Charge Time: ~2 minutes
- Lifespan in Darkness: ~90 minutes
- Assembled Length: 65mm / 2.6"
- Assembled Weight: 11.5g
For product support for all Lumen Electronic Jewelery products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.